• New Hampshire
• New Mexico
• North Carolina
• North Dakota
• Rhode Island
• South Carolina
• South Dakota
State of Record: The State in which you hold a valid driver’s license, pay taxes, and are registered to vote in.
Here’s what you need to do:
If you are from a compact State, living in VT or MA but working in NH:
1. Declare VT or MA as your State of residence with NH BON.
2. Obtain NH single State RN and APRN license before starting work.
3. Contact your prior State of record BON and relinquish your multi-State license.
If you are from a compact State, temporarily living in VT or MA, and maintaining a compact State as State of record:
1. Maintain compact State RN licensure and practice under multi-State
2. Obtain NH APRN license prior to work.
*** If permanent residence becomes VT or MA, obtain NH single-State RN license and relinquish prior State multi-State license.
*** If permanent residence becomes NH, obtain NH multi-State RN license within 90 days and relinquish your prior State RN license.
If you are from a non-compact State, living in VT or MA and working in NH:
1. Declare VT or MA as your State of residence through the NH BON.
2. Obtain NH single state RN and APRN license before starting work.
If you are from a compact State, Living in NH, Working in NH:
1. Obtain NH APRN license before work.
2. Obtain NH RN license within 90 days.
3. NH RN license becomes employee’s multi-state license and relinquish your prior State of record multi-State license.
If you are from a non-compact State, living in NH, working in NH:
1. Obtain NH multi-State RN and APRN License before starting work.
2. You can maintain your non-compact State license if you wish.
If you have any questions, contact the NH BON for guidance or you can personally contact me at email@example.com